Wednesday, April 17, 2013

your hair and crohns !!! my voyage with a fro and info on med induced hair loss

hey guys srry i ve been neglecting you!! been super busy with my daughter and bellydance classes art and whatnot but i havent forgot you my darling bloggers! ;)
so today im tlakign about med induced hair loss and m,y long long journey to get long long hair! ;)

most of you know i have been growing out my at one time thick curly locks, or my fro as i call it, for around say 6 yrs! http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Crohn's+disease   remicaide can cause hair loss no matter what your doctor says i deifnatly think it can !! and that fighting me and the fact that crohns itself can cause inflammation in the hair folicle that cna make hair stopg rowing or slow its growth!


me really super sick and havin a dye job gone bad eekkk and the fro is flying ;) not happy chrystal

straghtened now if your growing out yoru hair and its like mine well finicky i suggest not straightening it for a while and if you do rarely go striaght i say use an instyler i luv em! they cause less damage to the hair shaft!

my bad hair extensions, ekk but im desperate how coem my hair wont grow?? extentiosna re a great option but go with natural hair not synthetic liek thsi one is and just opt for the straight extensiosn not the curly they get icky, faster,
black is not my color
and go for the separate peices not the half wig liek this! eek!

aww my fav color, i also suggest you stop dyign yoru hair asap!! im guilty as charged i luv to dye my hair im addicted to it!

bangs not so great for curly hair and a hassle and take foreve r to grow back out !!  remember that if yoru a curly girl!

still tryign to grow that fro!




now here it is my current fro in all its curly glory!

doing the special effects for an awesome music video dawn of the dub speakerboxer and my hair finnaly looks like its grown and how well im gona share that with you !!
tomarrow se eyou here same blog entry ill add more tomarrow guys! and a video of soem great diy hair masks





you are not alone med induced hair loss, thinning and lack of growth can seriously effect womens self essteem, and nobody speaks out about it! speak out raise up and try to be there for one another in the ibd communty. and outside it as well in our support systems and friends, reach out and help soemone it will make you feel better i promise;) i am no longe rhaving hair loss from my remicaide and i am startin to get lil "kitchen" i call it or new hair growth and after a yr on remicaide i have no more excissive hair loss thnak goodness and it is common for ppl on remicaide to have hair loss for a while but dont give up or get down about it there are things you can do, it gets better over time with the infusions!




No comments:

Post a Comment